Silverwood Theme Park has been open since 1988. While it’s a must-visit spot for most North Idaho families every year, there may be a thing or two you didn’t know…
- The plot of land that now houses Silverwood used to be a general aviation airport. It wasn’t until 1988 that the theme park opened.
- The park’s Corkscrew roller coaster came from Knott’s Berry Farm. The ride opened in 1975 at the California theme park.
- The Steam Engine Train was originally built in 1915. Take this historic train for a trip around the theme park on the 3.2 mile track.
- Aftershock has a top speed of 65.6 MPH. That’s almost as fast as the cars driving by the park on Highway 95!
- Silverwood’s RV Park and Campground has free WiFi. As well as 126 full hook-ups, 41 tent only sites and is within walking distance to Silverwood through the underground tunnel.
Ready to go? Here’s more information about Silverwood Theme Park.